If you're anything like me, you might sometimes forget what your monthly goals are if you don't write them down. To solve this dilemma, I went ahead and created a monthly goal sheet where you can write down your monthly goals and hang it wherever you'd like. This will personally help keep me accountable to do my goals. You can download it at the bottom of this post!
You might have read that my word for 2015 is Actualize. In that post I outlined how all of my goals for the year will fit under six different categories. With that in mind, I sat down and wrote out where I want to be in each of those areas by the end of the year.
Blog - Average 50,000 monthly pageviews
Relationships - Nurture my relationships with those I love
Faith - Become a Proverbs 31 woman
Creativity - Become a designer without going to design school
Health - End the year healthier and stronger
Business - Launch by the end of 2015
I prefer this way of goal setting rather than setting New Year's resolutions. Resolutions are dreams. Goals are actions. Goals keep us focused by providing us a roadmap and a result. Without goals, life would be aimless. Will you choose to make goals this year?
[Tweet "Without goals, life would be aimless. via @britthouchins"]
- Watch and do the First Steps to Handlettering on Skillshare!
- I started it! I followed the first steps and bought some pencils and decided on the quote I'm going to letter. Next steps are to sketch a few words :)
Read one book (that is not school related)
- I finally got around to reading The Vacationers by Emma Straub this break! I bought it back in August as an end of summer reading book, but time went by too fast and school started up again. Overall, I really did like the book! I think what I liked most about it was that it was about a family that stuck together through hard times and came out even stronger. It's a good read! Funny too!
- Sponsor another blog :)
Show my roommate some awesome places in Minnesota!
- Of course, I had to take her to the Mall of America, but I also took her to visit the iconic cherry & spoon sculpture at the Walker Art Center. It may have been cold and snowy, but it was still fun!
Make some small trinket dishes for my best friends as gifts
- Done! Sadly, I can't show pictures of the dishes...yet. It's for a surprise for them (shhh...I sure hope they aren't reading this right now)
Blog - Write more useful/encouraging posts for others
Relationships - Have at least two date nights
Faith - Begin habit of daily Bible reading
Creativity - Read one inspiring book
Health - Begin yoga
Business - Draft business plan
Like I promised, here's the link to download the monthly goal sheet! Please don't redistribute without my permission, thanks!
I left a blank space for you to write/decorate however you'd like, but also included some lines to help keep notes neat. I think I'll hang my sheet on the refrigerator. How about you?
What are some of your goals for 2015? What about January?